Jefferson County Parks Helpful Info
The Port Townsend Rec Center is Awesome!
Fall/Winter/Spring regular open hours
Sept 6, 2022-June 2023
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Event Reservation Instructions
Reservations can be made for our County Park Shelters: Rotary Pavilion and Salmon Shelter in HJ Carroll Park and the Lyons Club Shelter at Portage Beach of Indian Island Park for your birthday party, wedding reception, local meetings, etc.
To make a reservation, you must have a CountyRec account. If you don't have an account select ‘Create Account’ from the blue ‘Account’ tab at the top of this page. Fill out your information as requested and submit.
When you are logged in to your account you will have the option to make a reservation. Either select the 'Reserve' icon on your account page or select 'Reservation' from the blue 'Facilities' tab.
Fill out your event information and submit your request. This will send an email to our admin team who will review the request. If there are any questions, we may reach out. If it looks ok, we will accept the request and you will receive an invoice to the email you provided. You may pay online with a credit or debit card with a 3% fee through your CountyRec account. As soon as payment is received you will be sent the event permit and your payment receipt. Only when you have the event permit is your reservation secured.
If you have any questions about reservations please call our office at 360-385-9160 M-F 8am-5pm.
We are happy to help you!
Covid masking in County buildings: Masking is requested, but not required. Masks will continue to be provided.
- Refer to the Jefferson County Code 12.25.170 Animals for information on animals in our County Parks.
- Motorized equipment such as e-scooters, electric kid cars, hoverboards, segways, onewheels, e-skateboards, and e-bikes are not allowed in our parks except on roadways and the Rick Tollefson Trail in HJ Carroll Park. Electric mobility devices and chairs used by people with disabilities are allowed in parks.
- Pickleball is not allowed on the HJ Carroll Basketball Courts.
- Drones and other radio control devices such as model planes, boats, helicopters, and cars are not allowed in any Jefferson County Parks with one exception: radio controlled model float planes are allowed at Lake Leland Day Use Park.
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Tax ID is: 91-6001322
- For more information about Jefferson County Parks, please call 360-385-9160.
- For more information about City of Port Townsend Parks, please see www.cityofpt.us/parksrec or call 360-344-3064.